Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 8, 2023

Fasting: A Spiritual Discipline



If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.2 Chronicles 7:14 

This time of year you may have heard of churches or individuals  who decide to fast. Now fasting is not something to go tooting your horn about but is a time between you and God and concerns the condition of your heart. 

Today my former church in Huntsville, AL begins ‘21 Days of Prayer’ and you can join in live online when it is occurring at 6 am CST or watch it later in the day. I will put information at end of this devotion. There is no hard and fast way to do this and there are different things to fast not just food. It could very well be social media, TV viewing, sugar, a daily latte habit, and so forth. 

Fasting is a way to deny self and instead focus on God. You may be fasting for a certain reason such as spiritual renewal or revival in the nation. It could be a fast for a prodigal child. Fasting could be personally just for yourself to have a better relationship with the Lord. Pray and seek the Lord’s will. Fasting is also called humbling yourself before the Lord. What do you choose to do?

PRAYER: Lord God you are almighty and your kingdom endures forever. I ask for any strongholds in my life to be torn down during my fast. Give me wisdom on what to do. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#21daysofprayer
#churchofthehighlands
Www.churchofthehighlands.com/21days

No comments:

Post a Comment