Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, January 9, 2023

Bye Christmas Memories

 


I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds. Your ways, God, are holy. What god is as great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.”Psalm 77:11-14


A few days ago I started putting the Christmas decorations away starting with our inflatable manger scene outside, joy yard signage, and things inside. The tree was the part I enjoy because of all the ornaments that are memories of 45 years married. 

Christmas evokes strong feelings in some because of a death or divorce that was experienced recently. So mixed feelings are involved in carting the ornaments back to their storage place for 11 months. 

I especially love my ornaments of Santa with his cap off kneeling next to baby Jesus in the manger. Now that is what Christmas is all about! Not the lights, parties, external house lights,  sending cards, frivolity, egg nog, more gifts than we need, and so forth. Christmas is about giving,living, and a babe in a manger. 

PRAYER: I am glad for Christmas and never want to be a Scrooge although at times the enemy comes in and causes wrong thinking and stress. I resist the temptation to not celebrate. Help joy remain in my heart throughout the year. In Jesus’ name. Amen. image0.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment