Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The 24 Hour Rule

 


My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19

In this instant society where often you may get impatient waiting for anything it is hard to sometimes wait before you email or text or post on social media. Loose lips sink ships was the saying in the US Navy well in this case loose fingers ruin relationships.

I have to admit I suffer from this malady but am working on it with the help of my longtime special friend Kim.When in doubt don’t press send.

In the new year many make resolutions of things they hope to change in their life. Lose weight, find a job, listen better, talk less, zip line, go to the Holy Land, get rid of fear, and on it goes. Why not add holding your tongue as it speaks through your fingers for 24 hours cause more than likely not acting on impulse will save lots of misunderstandings. 

PRAYER: Father you blessed me with a mind sometimes too overactive. Help me have self control when it comes to communicating on devices. Help me be able to wait a day if there is any doubt I should not send something. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment