Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

F.O.M.O.



And I saw that all toil and all achievement spring from one person's envy of another. This too is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.Ecclesiastes 4:4
Fear Of Missing Out or FOMO is a real issue in these days of social media that can create emotional and family problems as well as wreck friendships. I applaud those I know who have chosen to delete their accounts. 

This is really a psychological disorder which I feel is created in part by allowing the enemy to control your thoughts. The things in life that are really important don’t center around self and checking on others but instead on helping each other and sharing God’s love. 

Fear of missing out is straight out of Satan’s playbook to get your center off the Lord and onto personalities. It is a fine line to walk.See if friendships can survive without this media. Why not take up a new hobby to keep your mind off this or find some place you can volunteer. Many churches have 21 days of prayer and fasting to start off the new year so why not consider giving social media a rest.

PRAYER: Lord forgive me when I have acted less than mature when it comes to social media. If and when I utilize it let my words be view and let them bring glory to you. Guard my heart from hurt surrounding this. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment