Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Praying For You!

 


Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
This seems to be a common statement in Christian circles saying “I’m praying for you”, when someone shares a concern in their life but then do you really? I have been guilty of it. It is similar to when asked the general question “How are you doing” and the pat answer is usually “great” when in fact you are not. 

When it comes to prayer I find that if someone asks you whether on the phone or in person to pray do it right then if they are comfortable with that. That way you gave your word so you do then and there on the spot. This might actually be a good testimony to not being ashamed of prayers in public and can be an example of how easy it is to simply ‘talk’ to God. 

What are you in need of today? Everyone needs prayer covering although some have given up on prayer due to being angry at God for what they perceived was being ignored by God in prayer. Get your own life right and repent of anything holding you back to a fulfilling relationship with the Lord then start the habit of just talking to God and sharing your heart. 

PRAYER: Help me not cherish sin in my heart for then I know my prayers are not heard. Help me Lord to help others who don’t know how to do sincere prayer instead of just rote memory. May I never feel superior like I have all the answers and some sort of hotline to God, and keep me humble. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment