Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Have You Given Up On Prayer?

 

"Before they call I will answer; while they are yet speaking I will hear." (Is. 65:24)

"Pray without ceasing..." (1 Thess. 5:17)

"...pray one for another, that ye may be healed...." (Ja. 5:16)


I know many people who don’t pray because they don’t believe in it or have had bad stuff happen in life even after a prayer, maybe numerous bad things,  so they unknowingly give the devil a foothold by not talking to their Heavenly Father anymore. 

Prayer should always be first thing not a last resort. Why do bad things still happen, I can’t tell you but I can say your life will be much more peaceful when you practice prayer. 

Prayer is not something to stress over but is a simple informal conversation with God/Jesus. Many parents can teach rote memory prayers like ‘God is Great’ and ‘Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep’ but the meat and maturity of prayer has to grow and take wings and become personal and individual. Where are you at in your prayer life or do you not have one? Why not start today and make conversational prayer a normal part of your day. 

PRAYER: Thanks Lord for helping me when I am down and gloomy. I know all I need to do is call on you and make my requests and give my prayers and praises and you hear. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment