Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Staying Humble In A Boastful World



"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.” Matthew 6:1
Sometimes when you do something good your human nature may say “Hey look at me aren’t I wonderful” whereas that is not what God would want. He didn’t say “look at me I can walk on water, pretty cool huh?”

I know I had an Army boss who used to say “Let your virtues speak for themselves” and ‘self’ always likes to try to take center stage. Dying to self is a daily practice and never think you have arrived or I guess you really aren’t humble. 

Your real reward will be when you enter Heaven some day and you will hear “well done good and faithful servant” as God is the only one who you need to be accountable to. When you are rewarded here on earth for something be sure to be able to thank those who helped you on your journey. The selfish nature we are all born with needs to be still and give others glory and credit. 

PRAYER: There are many chances here on earth to brag, prove I am hot stuff, toot my  own horn but I choose to resist the urge for that because when I do work I want to give you all the praise and all the glory. When I give help me be quiet about it too. Thank for helping me each and every day walk with you Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment