Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Eat, Drink, And Be Merry...Then What?


“He must become greater; I must become less." John 3:30

Many here in this country and perhaps others too might have the mentality that nothing is more important than comfort and having fun. Like this is all there is so go for the gusto. Oh contraire to whoever thinks that.

This life you have is not strictly all about your own pleasure. It is almost counter culture to think otherwise  what with selfies and all. Me, Me, Me, look at me. God’s thinking is not popular with the ‘Me first’ mentality crowd.

I get excited when I see young millennials sold out to Jesus and the church I attend has quite a few. It is not thinking of just themselves but what they can do for those around them a ‘dying to self’ attitude. This is not that say you can never have fun but you realize why you are here and seek to find the purpose God has for you while you dwell in your Earthly body. Being self centered was never God’s plan but also he does not want you to not enjoy this Earth just keep things in perspective. I used to be in Officers Christian Fellowship(OCF) and they have two retreat centers one in Pennsylvania and one in Colorado where they advertise ‘vacation with a purpose’ and indeed the couple times we went that was so true and fulfilling.  Are you living your life on purpose?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I want more of you in my life. I want never to shy away from opportunities I have to share your love with a lost and confused world. I choose to listen to your voice and not the voice of the enemy and pray for those I may know who are caught in the trap and bondage to the enemy and don’t even realize it. Set them free. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

2 comments: