Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Darn My Stupid Mouth!

But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. James 3:7

Hopefully I am not the only one who wrestles with saying or writing stupid things that are taken the wrong way then regretting it. I could kick myself each time it occurs. It is easier now with social media to have stuff go haywire and be misunderstood. 

I guess the underlying thing is don’t be impulsive when responding and don’t feel a need to comment on everything. Help me Jesus! Practice disciplining the mouth and work on getting those ‘texting fingers’ under control  if you are inflicted with this problem. I know I can’t be alone. Right? 

So first be still. Pray and ask God to help. If you offended someone ask forgiveness. Stay off social media. Do something else with your time. Want to join me on this journey of taming the tongue and the urge to respond without thinking? You can think you have it licked then whoops you slip up. Pick up a book and read and put the phone down what do you think? 

PRAYER: Father I know talking too much or saying the wrong thing can sure wreak havoc when it was never the intent. Being misunderstood or words or emails being miscommunication can cause wounds in a relationship or hurt feelings. With your help Lord I know I can be set free permanently from this irritating affliction that often causes trouble. Help me Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment