Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 9, 2020

I Still Have Hope..How About You?



Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. Psalm 43:5

One of the areas I keep writing about is the necessity to break up with culture if you expect to have a victorious Christian walk. This is not to say you go to a monastery and not live in the world. It is critical that you separate yourself from the lies the enemy puts out there in our modern culture. Whose side are you on anyway? 

Newspapers, news broadcasts, celebrity and fashion magazines, all these so called ‘right sources’ you may have grown up with, have started to really take a nose dive into the cultural sewer of lies, hate, mind manipulation, and you have to decide who you are going to follow and what you are going to give the most time to each and every day. What you spend the most time with or who, will shape you so be very careful. 

Satan is a great deceiver. That is why, my friend, you need to stay plugged in to scripture daily, prayer, good worship music instead of celebrity talk shows, soap operas,  and mind numbing news that is very lopsided. Some people become quite addicted like a very bad habit. Are you addicted? I love movies and even movies that may be seemingly a good story line have to throw in their version of love if you get my drift. Try to discipline yourself from things you know will destroy your Christian witness and walk. I do have hope for the future because revival is on the doorstep. Don’t lose hope because of stuff around you because any positive things are occurring. Watch Trinity Broadcasting or Christian Broadcasting and see for yourself. I will leave you with this. What is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular, ponder that.  

PRAYER: Lord you are good and your mercies endure forever. I pray for men and women to break away from the culture, the hateful politics, the mind numbing television, and all else that keeps them away from hearing the truth loud and clear. I lift up anyone close to me caught in the trap of cultural lies that the Holy Spirit will speak to their hearts. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment