Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Child Left To Their Own Way



A rod and a reprimand impart wisdom, but a child left undisciplined disgraces its mother. Proverbs 29:15

Recently I observed a young mom letting her toddler walk down the middle aisle during a church service as if it were cute and no one minded. Quickly today’s Bible verse came to my mind. 

Seems today’s generation may be afraid of discipline of their young ones. Hey I am a wooden spoon survivor and so are my two adult sons, but many of our young parents I think are fearful of traditional spanking or a fanny swat for fear their child will be removed from their home by the FBI or something.

Boundaries are a good thing and if children don’t respect parental authority and boundaries now the road as an adult will be very difficult. God sets boundaries for we his children to obey and if not the consequences can be dire. Discipline and a little pain go a long way to molding a respectful moral adult. 

PRAYER: Father I pray for today’s families who are stuck in a quandary between the culture and anything goes versus what God’s word says. I pray for parents to have have courage to do what is necessary and right and something their children will thank them for later. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Note: Check out Dr James Dobson book 'Dare To Discipline' which is a key resource on raising a family. I can be purchased on Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment