Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

No Fitting In



Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.Romans 12:2


I had a window seat at a local cafe and the streets were abuzz with all ages of people going hither and thither. One group of young ladies caught my eye and they were clones of each other, the pressure of fitting in and not being an outcast at their school no doubt. Overalls with one strap dangling, low cut tops, combat boot type footwear.

I often think of my own granddaughters and pray they don’t have to go through this outside pressure of conforming or fitting in to be ‘with it’ or ‘cool’.
The culture tries with advertising to choke your personality and try to get you to be a certain way.

The solution to all this would be to know that the only person you matter to in the end is God. It is a strong person who can be different and set apart and run their race conforming only to their father in Heaven.

PRAYER:Help me Lord to try to be Christlike above all else but not in a haughty judging way but with confidence in Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very timely message. I have seen teens donning hair styles like their favorite singing stars even back in 1964. I had to ask my then boyfriend why the guys across the table from us had Beatle wigs. He said, "I don't think they are wigs!" This was my first experience with seeing hero worship in that degree. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete