Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 22, 2022

Smackdown With The Devil

 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.James 4:7 NIV Bible Gateway


Seems like an odd title but I was in one of my funks one day and after witnessing a glorious sunset I came home and got down to business. I realized Satan was getting into my head causing me not to be glorifying and praising God. 

So I said “look here Satan I am a child of God and I intend to grow closer to Christ daily and refuse to allow this world to mold me or get me fearful.” Sometimes you have to just stop and realize you can’t run crippled through your day ignoring the word of God or its’ power. 

When you are in funny moods or find yourself slipping into what ifs or comparisons you need to get a grip and that grip should be on God’s word the Bible. Start in the book of John and just read. Truly it will bless you and do it daily and see if you can’t just smack down the devil too. 

PRAYER: Lord you are beautiful. You are amazing. You have compassion on me when I feel down but you are the glory and lifter of my head. I choose joy. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 
#Biblegatewayblogger
image0.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment