Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 19, 2011

TOO NOISY FOR GOD

 
Do you constantly have to have the radio on or be on the computer doing social networking or some other busy activity? Sometimes we can have so much 'noise clutter' and 'activity' in our day we do not have the time to 'tune in' to God. By this I mean perhaps instead of talking on the phone on the way to work or wherever, or even listening to Christian radio, just try to be still and maybe have a chat with the Lord. Yes you heard me right. Talk to God. He wants to hear from you. This is an excellent time to also pray. Your mind can not be constantly on the go and expect to have a space left in there for God. You have to commit to getting still and alone with Him and what better place than in your vehicle driving. Of course be safe and pay attention to your driving but this is a great time for prayers and praise. Try it you might like it.
 
Psalm 46:10 says "He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” In Isaiah 30:15 it says "This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it." Being still and quiet is a discipline. How can we hear from God if we always are on the go and have noise in our head? Psalm 116:7 says "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you." In Isaiah 32:17 it says "The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever." Are you able to sit still and be quiet and have a quiet time with the Lord with no other distractions? Exodus 14:14 says "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."
 
It is approaching the time of year people routinely make New Years resolutions. Perhaps a good one would be learning to sit at Jesus feet and learning to be still to hear His voice.
 
PRAYER: Lord I thank you for being able to sit and talk with you and share my prayers. Forgive me for days I have gotten so crazy busy I have let you be squeezed out of my day. Help me prioritize my life to include my quiet time with you on a daily basis in 2012. In Jesus name. Amen.
 
Worship song attached: Yes I asked you to be still but when you do have time listen to this as it talks about being still.
http://youtu.be/FCT9V9nHcAk

No comments:

Post a Comment