Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 5, 2011

THE BIBLE ON THE TABLE

Do you have a Bible? Most of us do but where is your Bible? Is it hidden under a stack of books or magazines? Is it on the table next to your bed but with dust all over it? For a Bible to be effective to its' owners it has to be picked up regularly, such as in every day, and read and studied. Too many people, to include Christians rush off into their busy day not ever giving much thought to taking the time to use this valuable tool to fight off the enemy. They go out into their world and are not equipped to handle the struggles that may face them that day. There is little or no desire on the part of many who name the name of Jesus to study God's word. I am not talking about just listening to the preacher,priest or rabbi on Sunday but about as an individual desiring the Bible.

If you fall into this category what is preventing you from wanting to read God's word? Do you feel it is too hard or too complicated? Think again. It is for everyone of an educational level. Satan does not want you to read it so he will think of lies to put in your head to keep you from picking it up for within it's pages is great power to overcome life's problems.

In 2 Timothy 2:15 it says "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." In my devotions I mention reading the Bible a great deal because it is of the utmost importance to ward off attacks of Satan. You can talk out loud and say "Get thee behind me Satan." Some may find that a bit strange if you have never done it but try it!(See Luke 4:8).

Psalm 119:24 says "Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors." The word has the power to uplift, heal and transform and is the best counseling tool ever! Psalm 119:16 says "I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Do you delight and take pleasure in God's word? If you find the Bible boring maybe it is time to ask yourself if you sincerely ever have asked Jesus to come and live inside of you and occupy your heart. Matthew 5:6 says "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

When a baby is born it is hungry and most the times needs it's mothers milk. The word of God should be like that for you when you ask Jesus into your life. You should crave it.1 Peter 2:2 says "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation." It makes no sense that if you loved the Lord you would not want to know more about Him. When you love your girlfriend or boyfriend you want to know as much about them as possible. Likewise when you say you love Jesus how do you get to know Him except to spend time in prayer and opening up the Bible.
1 Corinthians 3:2 says "I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready." Do you want to continually be fed like a little baby? Think about that. What if you never grew up and had to eat baby food the rest of your life? You would never grow and mature like you were supposed to.
Hebrews 4:12 reminds us  "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." It has power to transform you so let it.



In 2 Corinthians 5:17 it says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" Have you asked Jesus to be Lord of your life? I did not say, "Have you joined a church" but have you said "Jesus come into my heart and transform me and I want to live for you and serve you. I want to know that when I die I will be in heaven with you."  I did not say "Have you been baptized"  but have you asked Jesus to come into your heart? When you ask the Lord into your heart you will desire to get into the word. But the enemy will try all in his power to come take away your new found joy and during your life will try to get you off track and back in his court.

Right now why not ask the Jesus to be Lord of your life then this Christmas season you can truly say "Happy Birthday Jesus". I am your new child.

PRAYER: Lord I want to know you better. Forgive me when I have neglected reading your word and have given other things such as the newspaper or a magazine a higher priority. Help me to organize my day so I make sure there is plenty of time in it to read my Bible. In Jesus Name. Amen.
.
Note: Begin today by reading the book of John in the New testament. Start with Chapter 1 and try to read a chapter a day.
I just love sharing good praise music. Click on link and worship the Lord.
http://youtu.be/6MahLRJFkC8

No comments:

Post a Comment