Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

SHINE YOUR LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS

Silent night, Holy Night, All is Calm, All is bright. It is that time of year where the 'true light' of Jesus is shining in the world like never before for all to see. Governments may try to say you can't do Christmas but it is not going away. This is the one time of year that many people seem to get 'religion'. As one military chaplain used to call them these one time attenders of church, ''Holly Christians'. Now I am not faulting those people who only come out once or twice a year to hear God's word for at least they came. But there is more to loving the Lord and following than seemingly doing your religious duty by attending church on this 'holiday'.

Our world is full of darkness and it is nice that this one day we can shine God's light for all to see. Why not shine Jesus light brightly into the world you are in every day of the year? You can be an example to those around you who may not really know the saviour and love him with their whole heart.

John 8:12 says " I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."

PRAYER: Lord I want my life to be an example for those who may know know you that they may see you through me. Help me shine my light into the darkness around me. This Christmas help people who only go to church once a year and think about you on a year be touched by your Holy Spirit and come to know you in a personal way. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment