Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Stop Comparing Yourself To Others

 


Don’t compare yourself with others. Just look at your own work to see if you have done anything to be proud of. You must each accept the responsibilities that are yours.Galatians 6:4-10

Everyone has different gifts, abilities, talents and so forth and just because you don’t sew or build things doesn’t make you less than a person. Each of us is a different being God has a distinct purpose for. And different preferences abound as well. 

I know sometimes I can feel lazy when I hear so and so cans vegetables and I do not.  Some people love Costco and I do not enjoy going into that store as I don’t need bulk stuff. You get the point. Everyone is skilled in different ways. God still loves us. 

Whatever you are gifted to do be thankful. Just because your talent is not showcased somewhere doesn’t matter. Be thankful for who God made you to be. I have one son who lives and loves airplanes and is now a commercial pilot. My other son takes care of emergencies as a medical professional in ER. Everyone is different. Work at what do with a smile. 

PRAYER: Father thank you for gifts you have blessed me with. I ask that you help me not listen to the voice of the enemy causing me to compare and put myself down. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment