Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 14, 2023

Be A Sturdy Branch



“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”John 15:5 NIV Bible Gateway

Such a profound verse and great word picture. Think of a tree in your yard and you cut branches off and eventually they produce nothing but are good for fire kindling at best. 

You and I as followers of Christ are like those branches. If you stay ‘attached’ to the vine the source Jesus through fellowship, prayer, quiet time and so forth you will continue to grow in Christ, but if you step away and in effect say “I don’t need a savior” we’ll then you are on your own. 

I know people who have turned their backs on not only church but on God as well or there are those who like to edit the Bible to taking out offensive parts. God’s word is not to be edited to fulfill our fleshly desires. If you know of a denomination that has done this continue to pray for their deliverance and that more people won’t be led astray. 

PRAYER: Father I am grateful you have been with me even in times when I jilted you and did my own thing. Thank you for redemption. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment