Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 18, 2021

Trying To Be Christian In A Hostile Environment

 


Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

When I was a baby Christian after being ‘born again’ this verse was very meaningful to me. It has such power to help new and old believers alike to remember they are NOT part of this present world with all its’ lies and darkness. 

Satan has multitudes of  stumbling blocks for the follower of Christ in our society. In many workplaces you may be pressured to ‘conform’ or accept ‘diversity’ and agree with it or you are threatened with loss of employment. You either stand for ‘something’ or you will fall for anything. 

For a true child of God it should not be a difficult decision. Scripture says John 16:33 that “in the world you will suffer persecution but rejoice because I have overcome the world.” Do you believe that brother and sister? God’s word should settle it. 

PRAYER: I want to stand strong Lord when the winds of persecution are trying to blow me down. When ‘friends’ don’t understand my commitment and love for Jesus make me a lighthouse where they can be rested and hear  truth. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: This scripture from Romans became real to me when I heard it at a retreat many years ago. It is one I need to consciously live up to. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it. Peace and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete