Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 21, 2021

Epitaph?

 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his faithful servants. Psalm 116:15

Ever give much thought of what you want your tombstone or grave marker to say once you are no longer alive? I joked one time and said put “I told you I was sick!”
In the mid 90’s a close friend died in her mid 40’s and her marker read ‘Mother,daughter, wife, sister, friend’ with a Bible verse. A meaningful way for those of us still here to find some degree of comfort. Military members may simply say their rank or if in a war have that listed.
Is your life one now that brings glory to God or disgrace? It may not matter what your epitaph says but your present life does matter to God. No one knows when they will take their last breath. It could be suddenly at young age or an elderly person who has been suffering for a while. Stop and think if your life in Christ will be glorified.
PRAYER: I want my life to stand for Christ, for freedom, for love. Help me do those things now so people won’t have to scratch their heads when trying to figure out what to inscribe on my tombstone. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment