Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, February 7, 2021

Shush...Simmer Down Now

 


Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry James 1:19, NLT

Are there times in your life you know you should have let things go and not try to argue your point and win? I tell myself just ‘shush’ and be still. 

Learning when to speak and when to be silent is a discipline everyone needs to be trained in. Lots of fights could have been prevented had this verse been applied.

Ok pause, think, slow down and ask yourself how important what you are about to utter is. Simmer down too if someone says something ugly or hurtful to you to alleviate a fight. Now go enjoy a fun filled day. 

PRAYER: Thank you Father for the gift of words and speaking. Help me as I choose if what I say will be of edifying value and give me discipline to be still. In Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment