Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, February 28, 2021

What Do You Need To Leave Behind To Follow God?

 


And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? Luke 9:23-25

Have you ever taken stock of your life when you call yourself a Christian to see what you would say to someone to ‘prove’ it? It’s not about good works or going to church or even being baptized but is a heart condition.

When you love someone you want to to do great things for them and can’t get enough of being with them. If you are a true follower of the Lord you want to shine for Him and know more about Him not just say you are a Christian giving no thought about what it entails. Is there any thing you need to do or not do to draw closer to God? 

PRAYER: I yearn to be closer Father and would rather be a doorkeeper in your house than a King elsewhere. I want to press in and stop making excuses for why I only give you five minutes, if that, a day. I will not allow the enemy to distract me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment