Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Root Them Out

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Ephesians 4:31

How do you get rid of a bitter root in your life that is poisoning you and hindering your spiritual walk? Things such as anger, rage, jealousy, anxiety, that all take a toll of your peace and also can affect your health.

When you garden you need to get rid of bad roots that could spoil your crop and turn it into a mess of weeds. To do this you dig up those bad roots so they do not grow back. Similarly this process needs to be done in your spiritual life. 

Don’t keep rehashing something and let things fester as that leads to a no win situation. It is necessary for you to allow the Holy Spirit to transform you but you have to surrender and ask humbly saying “Help me. I don’t want to live this way. Show me how to let this go.” Each day start with prayer and a dose of God’s word and allow Him to transform you from the inside out.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for forgiving me and helping me get on the right path. Thank you for helping me let go of things that would lead to bitterness. I surrender my life to you and ask that you Lord help me recognize bad roots and dig them up. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment