Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

It’s Coming...Hang On!


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

One of the biggest stressors for many people is the Christmas season. Merchants start putting up trees in July and August and it seems you have not quite finished the end of the school year and this ‘sacred holiday’ is upon you. Time to breathe in and relax. 

Christmas is supposed to be about the birth of our savior. The best celebrations are often ones kept simple but many things create turmoil,  mainly gift buying and family pressures and expectations. What is a person to do? First of all enjoy the rest of the year and take a breather. 

Today’s verse speaks of peace. Make it intentional to have peace. Don’t run yourself ragged with others expectations. Take time to rest. Never forget your time alone with God because after all who is the party for anyway? 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I need you every moment of every hour and sometimes more as the end of the year approaches. Every year I say I will do better then I get bogged down. Help me Lord to rest in you and not get into an expectation trap. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment