Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

First Things First

Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. Revelation 2:4

Do you know there is some truth to the fact that people do first what is important to them? For instance, you spring out of bed to start a new day. Is Jesus on your to do list and is He first in your day? 

No guilt is intended from this devotion just a simple nudge to allow you to ponder the priorities of your life. Things seem important when they are new and you take care of them. Marriages, a car, being born again. Then something happens over time and things are taken for granted. 

When it comes to your walk with the Lord is it important to you to grow in Christ or is Sunday enough? You wouldn’t marry your spouse then never want to be with them or buy a new car and drive it through mud all the time. Let Jesus TRULY be first and wake up ready to spend time in His word. 

PRAYER: I choose Lord to make sure I don’t let my first love, you, be forgotten. Satan tries to tempt me with worldly pursuits to take me away from my time with you. I choose to put you first. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment