Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Idol Worship


“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” Exodus 20:3

What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up? Pick up your cell phone and check your FB status? Watch the morning news? Read the paper? Take a walk? How about get God’s word hidden in your heart and talk to him before all that.

This culture is trying to remold those who are weak in their faith. Young people especially growing up in a culture that idolized selfies and cell phones. Look around you at those people glued to their phones. It is an idol. Anything you worship more than the Almighty is an idol. Ouch.

Maybe today is the day to examine what is truly important to you.  Do you care to get closer to God and know him better? It may require the discipline of putting your Bible on top of your cell phone and reading it prior to  getting online and into the culture that tries to reshape your thinking.

PRAYER: I need discipline in my life Lord. Often I don’t even give you a second thought and put this world before you. Convict my heart to put you first and help me see that things like my cell phone might just be an idol if I can’t live without looking at it constantly. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment