Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 4, 2019

Snap Out of That Funk



Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Many people might think that a believer never has any down time but is always peppy and perky for the Lord. I wish that were so and that is the ultimate goal but believers have to stay on guard because Satan loves to trip us up, get us in a funk, and disable us for the kingdom. 

When someone asks for prayer stop right there and pray don’t wait lest you forget. The Lord is a shield for us and that shield is the word of God. Sometimes if you get in a real mess and just don’t feel like praising God do it anyway. Turn on praise music. Lift your hands. Talk to the devil and tell him you are covered by the blood of Jesus and no weapon will harm you. 

“But wait Becky my husband has cancer, my child is a prodigal, I just lost my job. My best friend has disowned me. How on earth do you expect me to want to feel like praying with the mess I am in?” I hear you. Been there done that and got the tee shirt as the saying goes. Do it despite the set backs or else you may be in danger of falling away and getting sucked into wrong thinking and far away from God. It is all about faith, not feelings. Hang in there my friend and talk to God. 

PRAYER: I am thankful to live in a nation where I am able to pray freely even with many who are trying to stop religious freedom for Christians. Forgive me when I allow the enemy to mess with me when I have way more power through Christ than that measly little weasel. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment