Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Unnecessary Worry


Casting  down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
I have had something on my heart that if I think about it too much I go nuts and don’t practice what I preach. You know that nagging concern that causes many ‘what i’ scenarios? Oh my goodness Satan loves it when Christians start to act like the rest of the worried world.
So if you can identify with me in any way you have got to get a grip and stop conjuring up scenarios in your head that will probably never occur. As I think about what my concern is I get teary eyed then I say “stop it Becky you know better” and try to move on. I don’t know if men get weirded out about speculation of future events but I know other women who do.
Right now stop doing this. Satan delights in getting  you overly concerned, worked up,  and hyper focused on junk that probably won’t ever happen. Even if it did happen God is there and He is in control. So right now make up your mind not to ‘go there’ with the what if’s or you will send yourself to a mental hospital. Trust God, pray, and relax. Give it to God and let it go!
PRAYER: Oh Lord taking captive my thoughts is an ongoing process. Satan can not get me off course and I refuse to allow him to concern me about things that don’t matter. I choose to focus on positive uplifting thoughts. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment