Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 15, 2019

Cheers!



"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Cheers was the name of a popular TV show years ago about a bar named Cheers. Saying “cheers” to someone is a way of celebrating. 

I got a kick out of my granddaughter when I was eating next to her in her home and picked up my coffee cup and said “cheers” she instinctively picked up her sippy cup and clinked it on mine. It brought a huge smile to this grandma’s face. Being cheerful is a good thing. Staying joyful, happy, uplifted even in the midst of stuff going on around you is the thing to strive for. 

Focusing too much on TV news, politics, world issues, and angry disagreeable people will drag you down. Make an effort in your life to remove distractions that make you less than cheerful. The verse today tells us to “take heart” and indeed that is exactly what a believer is to do. Don’t be hyper focused on bad stuff but rejoice and say “cheers”!

PRAYER: I rejoice in you Lord and thank you that in you even in troubled times I can remain cheerful and do it on purpose regardless. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment