Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 22, 2019

This Could Take A Few Minutes



Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.Ecclesiastes 7:9
When you are trying to reboot or set up a computer or call a business you may get a message something like "This could take a few minutes" and immediately especially if you don't have an hour to spare you may start to fret. Why is it humans don’t like to wait?

I learned patience in the Army. I had to. A required discipline for all service members for sure. That does not mean though that I have patience still today. How do you do in this category of waiting and not coming unglued in the meantime?

To be patient sometimes requires many many testing periods. Practice makes perfect right? So you can practice sitting in rush hour traffic in a major city. Waiting after your flight is cancelled. Learning to be still in a slow very long check out line. Being still at a doctors office until your appointment time. Patience, kindness, understanding and love kind of all go together.  How about you? Are you ready to be tested again?

PRAYER:I like to say I am patient most the time but I need to develop this discipline better so help me Lord when challenges come my way that require me to wait. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment