Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Good Morning God!


“This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Psalm 118:24

When you get up do you ever think to say “Good morning God” or does your main activity consist of jumping right into the busyness of your day?

Perhaps it is time to take a pause break and just talk to God for a while. Make him part of your activities throughout the day. Put ‘quiet time’ on your calendar just like you would  a dentist appointment. Isn’t God worthy of time on your schedule?

Don’t make it a chore or you won’t get anything out of it and don’t compare yourself to sister Suzy Q who prays three hours daily or reads her Bible for two hours straight. Comparison leads to dissatisfaction and the enemy loves you to do it so stop making satan happy and stop trying to be someone else spiritually. The main thing is to do it and desire to do it. You may know people who are just doing enough to avoid Hell but that is where it ends. First you don’t know their heart. Take care of yourself and let the Holy Spirit work on others. Just pray.

PRAYER: Father I confess there are many days I run out the door and realize I have not even so much as said hi to you. Forgive me. Help me to get rid of things in my life that distract me and keep me from drawing closer to you. In Jests’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment