Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Watch Your Mouth


Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Probably everyone reading this has had a situation where a person you are speaking with tries unintentionally, but yet still doing it, to draw you into negative speaking or gossip about another. I had this encounter recently and I stood strong and listened but did not chime in with my own ugly words. Not going there I said. 

As a believer maybe through ‘praying’ we can get gossipy or even enter into wrong thinking about the prayer request. Example would be praying about fear of the Islamic people in our government trying to take over and destroy America and our democracy where instead you are to trust after you pray that God has a plan and He has this issue as well and after all He is WAY BIGGER than the situation.   Then go further and instead of being angry at these people lift them up in prayer cause they desperately need Jesus in their life. They need deliverance that only Christ can provide. 

So if you know people who are seemingly never satisfied and gripe about church, neighbors, the government, leaders, the weather, their family, and other things in their life just know that deep down inside maybe they are crying out for Jesus to transform them. Set a good example and show love and show love to strangers you may not agree with or politicians who are trying to ram junk through so counter to our founding fathers ideas. Be patient, pray, and love. 

PRAYER:Help me Father to keep a watch over my mouth so I don’t say things I can’t take back and regret or I say things that do not bring glory to your kingdom. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: The church I was formerly a member of followed a church discipline book that defined gossip as this: Anytime you pass on a conversation that you were not a part of, that is gossip.

    ReplyDelete