Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Oscar Nomination Does Not Equate Wholesomeness



I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them. Psalm 103:1

It is the time of year the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences tries to tell us what movies we should go see. Simply getting a nod for a Golden Globe or Oscar does not mean it is an edifying movie and glorifies God. We as believers need to set a standard for what we watch. And just because Hollywood says it is okay is not your standard. 

Think about it. Your body is the temple of God yet do we treat it like that? Abuse comes in many forms such as in your mind through movies and other media, through your physical body by being obese or drinking too much or smoking. Ponder for a moment how you can make sure your body is a true vessel that can bring glory to the Most High.

Don’t just think seeing everything is okay because you become like what you allow into your heart, spirit, and mind. Everyone needs discipline in order to maintain a close walk with the Lord. It is learning to say no to things even if others mock you. Are you up for the task or do you choose to remain in a desensitized stupor? 

PRAYER: Father I really want to honor you in my entertainment choices. Help me remember to be in the world but not OF the world. Help me be discerning enough that if look upon something inappropriate I will recognize it and be convicted to turn the other way. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment