Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Commit



“And He said to them, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men. "Matthew 4:19

What are you committed to? Your marriage? Your children? Your job? Your exercise routine to stay in shape? Reading your Bible daily? 

It is good to have and keep commitments. A commitment is defined as a pledge, dedication to a cause, an obligation. Commitments are not to be entered into lightly as you often hear in Christian marriage vows. Commitments are not valid only in good easy times but they are there for the long haul, the rough patches and bumps in the road. 

In today’s verse Jesus was asking us to follow Him. That is a commitment. Are you committed to Jesus and His kingdom and serving Him where He has placed you on this Earth? That could be at work, with those babies and children at home, in your home as a homemaker, wherever life takes you. I challenge you to run your race to win and don’t let Satan deceive or lie to you and take you off course. Charge on!

PRAYER: Thank you that you are with me Lord. I will not allow the enemy to make me shirk my commitments to you or to those you have placed in my care. I choose to lean in each and every day and run my race to win. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment