Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Guess Who I Know?

 


Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:3 NIV Bible Gateway#Biblegatewayblogger

A few years ago one of my hobbies was collecting autographed celebrity photos. Most of those people I never actually met but wrote to an agents office to see if I could get one. Never paid anything aside from the cost of a stamp. 

t’s funny how we humans get excited about famous people. Not everyone does but it depends on how you were raised if you were mesmerized by fame even a local news personality. One time I was approached at a local restaurant in Huntsville, Alabama to inquire as to if I were the candle maker at nearby tourist attraction Constitution Village. Made me chuckle. We are all just people and each of us puts on our pants the same way some may just be more expensive pants. 

More important than all these well known people who have people clamoring to get photos is the King of kings. Do you know Him? Would you run to get on the front row if He were speaking at a prayer rally in Washington DC? Sort of humorous to think of that but ‘mere men’ who just happen to be well known are still just people. And Jesus is humble so he would not like the idea of everyone wanting a piece of Him unless it was to bow at his feet for worship. So friend decide who it is you want to worship and idolize. 

PRAYER: I am grateful for people I have caught a glimpse of that society deems as celebrities but even more than that is my relationship with you Lord. May I never idolize anything more than you. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment