Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 30, 2020

A Timely Word

 


A person finds joy in giving an apt reply—and how good is a timely word! Proverbs 15:23

Since moving a couple months ago it is easier to be still and ponder. Covid craziness still in full swing and therefore it is the harder to make friends when you can’t socialize. One plus is I have more time to ponder about how God can use me in my new location. One way is being kind and saying hi.

One of the things that has been a blessing in my life is chatting with those I meet at the local park when I go for exercise. I have met a young couple with two small children, a man who was teaching yoga, a local catching crawdads, and so on. You have the potential to impact a persons life every day either by a timely word or a smile. 

Instead of bemoaning your ‘plight’ or getting yourself into a wrong mindset think about that kind word to a stranger and how it just might impact their day. 

PRAYER: Many times I have slumped into self pity when I need to instead reach out to a friend or family member to check on them . Thank you for the opportunities each day to say a kind word. Help me not be so into self I bypass chances. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment