Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Quick Fix

   

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.James 1:2-3
How many times have you seen pop up ads or commercials for seemingly instant weight loss, banishing of age spots with a secret tip, erase lines and wrinkles with this secret formula, make millions without effort, and you maybe fall for it, I have to admit a couple times I have been enticed.
Things just don’t happen instantly especially spiritual growth and change. Persevere in prayer and practice godly disciplines to strengthen the inner man and for those persons needing a Holy Spirit facelift and inner person change, just hang on and don’t doubt and continue to press in for that person who needs healing and help.
I mention the movie ‘Redeeming Love’, which was released January 2022, lots because its’ message resonates with me in thinking about growing in Christ and being forgiven for things you may not feel you could ever be forgiven for. This movie, set in 1850’s Gold Rush in California, follows the life of Angel, sold into prostitution at age 8 and how she was redeemed and discovered what real love was as well as discovering God loved her and forgave her. What quick fix do you want to turn over to God?
PRAYER: Father I thank you for teaching me patience and understanding experiencing trials and some heartache I grow. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment