Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

My Mouth

 







Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!Psalm 141:3

I don’t know about you but getting a handle on control of my thoughts and words spoken is a daily challenge particularly for impulsive people such as myself. A thought comes and poof out it goes through my keyboard and on to another person. Why oh why is this so hard to tame? 

Read James chapter 3 in the New Testament and there is a wealth of info on your tongue and speaking. Do a word search in the Bible for speech, mouth, tongue, talking etc. 

Want to be loved by your friends, respected by your family, and smiled at by strangers then control your mouth which can lead to quarrels, judging, hurting others, and so forth. I have heard about some doing a ‘word fast’ where you think and don’t react for 24 hours especially on devices at your disposal. Go and bring glory to God with what you say. 

PRAYER: Help me Lord to really be careful about my words and thinking I have to always have an opinion. Silence my mouth and still my fingers on the keyboards. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment