Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, May 2, 2022

Look Up From Your Phone

 


And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:17 HCSB Bible Gateway


Since the start of social media around 2004, Americans have become zombies and slaves to misinformation, hate, self centered lives, unfriending and much more. I feel sorry for Generation Z who knows nothing of what life was like before this. Todays parents have a challenge to set limits for sure. 

Even to do my devotions I have to be on my device. Inordinate amounts of wasted time are racked up by thousands of people some even maybe hiding to use their device because deep down they know it isn’t good for their relationship with God or others. Sounds like an alcoholic with a bottle of booze. 

The problem is discipline and knowing when is it time to turn them off and go take a break instead of constantly peering into everyone’s life. God is still wanting quantity time with you and many well meaning believers, myself included, have often forgotten God is waiting to have time with you. Maybe a paper Bible, a note pad and pen, and just you. A quiet place uninterrupted yet safe. Learn to control the time you are looking at the tiny screen and have less neck pain too. Now go and talk to Jesus. 

PRAYER: Father I am thankful for technology but also think back to the mid 1800’s after watching Redeeming Love and seeing how life went on with hard work and no modern conveniences. Not sure if todays moderns would last long. Help us appreciate where I am and where I came from. Also help me to remember to love you then love others, regardless. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 
#Biblegatewayblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment