Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Feet Washing

 

I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet. So you also should wash one another’s feet. I have given you an example. You should do as I have done for you. John 13:14-15
Washing someone’s feet seems strange, invasive, embarrassing. But it is a true symbol of the sold out Radical love of our Savior. Also a sign of Humility.
I have never been to a foot washing ceremony but I have heard of them occurring at weddings where the groom on an act of serving his new bride washes her feet. In the 2022 faith based movie ‘Redeeming Love’ there was a scene where the character Michael Hosea played by actor Tom Lewis washes his brides’ feet, Angel, played by actress Abigail Cowan, after she returned from running away but deciding to return. It was a selfless act of love, humility and service. In the Jesus Revolution movie the pastor washes the hippies feet as they enter the church.
What about you? Could you let someone wash your feet? I know people who don’t like pedicures as it seems so invasive having a person see your ugly gnarled calloused feet. All that does not matter to our savior. What would you do?
PRAYER: Jesus today help me humble myself that the act of foot washing would not seem repulsive but would be an act of love to another. In Jesus’ name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment