Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Itching Ears?

 




For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 2 Timothy 4:3 

Our culture is ripe right now for this verse as some  churches are timid about preaching about the problems in culture fearful of offending anyone. Instead those with itching ears go where they hear what makes them feel okay and there is no hassle with the depravity of our present day. Even making that statement may make some angry at me for saying it. 

Satan loves it when Christian’s skirt around the issues due to a need to keep everyone happy. Perhaps some are unfamiliar with the book of Daniel or prophecy so it is safer to stick to things that don’t cause debate. I hope I am wrong. 

First let me point out that we all have sinned. There are no categories of sin although some have greater consequences and affect more people. Satan is not our friend so don’t treat him like one. Stand up and fight for your family, your friends, and churches who will not teach people about spiritual warfare. (See Ephesians 6). Run your race directly keeping your eyes on the cross. 

PRAYER: Father I get sad when I see people living a life without the fear of the Lord meaning seemingly thinking this  Earth is all there is. Guard my heart so I don’t get too captivated by the world. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment