Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Break Away From The World



For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear;I will help you.Isaiah 41:13 NIV Bible Gateway 

I have several friends that don’t do social media and I say “you go girl” or “you go guy” because today I decided to not look at anything beyond what I wrote to post, I realized when you waste time looking at others lives you neglect, or at least, I neglected my prayer time. 

When I moved here to Idaho nearly 3 years ago I set up a prayer corner in my closet with all the best intentions in the world to meet with God there daily. Post it notes on wall with names I prayed for, a Bible, a notebook, a pen, a book called ‘Praying For My Son’ and a few other helpful tools. I guess I got scattered and sidetracked and just walked by it with no time to spare. 

Therein lies the problem and that is time. Don’t force prayer or quiet time or try to copy another person. Schedule quiet time and prayer time on your daily planner just like all other activities. The enemy is the king of ‘busy’ and will attempt to get you almost self righteous over your busyness. It is not a thing to brag about being so busy there is no down time. Lie on your sofa and just have a chat with God. I plan to right now. 

PRAYER:Lord I love you and I neglect talking to you daily. I thank you for how you are working in my life and the lives of my loved ones. Give me strength to hold on while you work and not mess things up by trying to play you. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#BG2 

No comments:

Post a Comment