Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 2, 2022

Are You Resting?



The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.

Psalm 23:1–3 NLT

For many Psalm 23 is associated with funerals but in actuality it has way more to do with those of us living. Take verses 1 thru 3 for instance. Read them out loud. 

Are you at rest or do you frantically run on the treadmill of life checking off all the things you feel you need to be doing to be successful? Sometimes it actually feels abnormal to rest when mostly Westerners are going going all the time. Many come back from vacation and need to rest.  

Why not start here this coming autumn season turning onto  a ‘new road’ in life and make rest intentional. This means rest without commotion and noise or devices by your side. Take a chill pill and just do it. 

PRAYER: Today I want to listen and hear your voice Lord and often times it is hard when I leave little or no down time to just be still. Guide me in being able to simply rest. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment