Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, September 29, 2022

The Keep


“Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men who have purposed to trip up my feet.” Ps. 140:4
There is a subdivision on a hill in nearby Meridian, Idaho called ‘The Keep’ and I am always puzzled when I drive by why it was named that. Anyway I never found out but alas another wonderful title for this devotion writer because God is our ‘keeper’.
If you do a word search in the Bible on the word keep you will discover lots. He keeps our foot from falling, he keeps us in the shadow of his wings, he keeps us in perfect peace, we keep his words in our hearts, and on it goes. Search the word keep and see for yourself.
Do you keep God’s word hidden in your heart?(Psalm 119:11). To do this means you have to read it and memorize it and there will be times you will need it when no Bible is handy. Take a prisoner of war for instance who needs peace and comfort and it is hidden in his heart if he studied it prior to getting caught by the enemy. Now today make it a point to let God indeed be your keeper as you keep his commandments and love Him.
PRAYER: Thanks again Lord for my life. Thanks for keeping me safe in times when I could have been seriously hurt. Help me as I seek to keep moving forward for the kingdom and sharing your love and blocking out any mind games from the enemy that would seek to shut me down. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment