Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Loving The Unloveable

 





Do you really think God won’t punish you, when you behave exactly like the people you accuse? You surely don’t think much of God’s wonderful goodness or of his patience and willingness to put up with you. Don’t you know that the reason God is good to you is because he wants you to turn to him?But you are stubborn and refuse to turn to God. So you are making things even worse for yourselves on that day when he will show how angry he is and will judge the world with fairness. Romans 2:3-5 CEV, Bible Gateway


I don’t know about you, but I get mighty uncomfortable to be in the presence of a brother or sister in Christ when they speak of hating someone or wishing evil on them.Granted some people make it easy to dislike them but keep in mind God loves them, bad attitude, evil hearts, warts and all.

How God do I love a person trying to turn our country into a communist country? How do I love someone who talks about me behind my back? How do I love the person in the car that just cut me off? How do I love a person who flips up his middle finger at me as he passes pro life prayer walk? How do I love those who disagree with me? How do I love a person who blocked me or unfriended me on social media? 

Scripture tells us numerous times to love our enemies and pray for others and to be kind. The enemy tries desperately to ‘stir the pot’ but I know Lord you are the Almighty maker of all things and you want me to show kindness to those I encounter daily. The perfect peace of the Lord can keep you still and steady if you allow Him to. 

PRAYER: I am grateful for your love and your kindness to me even when I have acted less than Christian. I choose to love  regardless of what is going on around me. Give me your strength. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment