Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, September 13, 2019

Praying ‘Through’


Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. Luke 18:1

When will I see break through? I am not sure this prayer thing works. Why hasn’t there been a noticeable positive  difference in the one I have been talking to God about? I want to cry, scream, give up. Are these ever your sentiments or thoughts? 

I know people who don’t think prayer works because they have been hurt, disappointed, lost close friends or family to death ‘before their time’ and wondered why God didn’t intervene or hear their cries and on it goes. The alternative of course to refusing to pray or giving up on prayer and God, is living a life being lonely, lost, angry, depressed, and coddling to the enemies camp because of rebellion against the Almighty, and worst is not wanting anything to do with ‘religion’ or church. 

Well first let me set you straight, I hate religion too. It stifles, condemns, tears apart, judges and so forth but I do love Jesus and His creation. My friend your heart may be broken over an insurmountable loss, heart break, prodigal child but I beg you to not let go of God. The little voice trying to get you to run away from prayer and Jesus is from Satan. You can choose him and his lowly life and destruction one Jesus. Keep on and don’t give up. God loves you. 

PRAYER: Thank you Lord that there is no special requirement to pray. No special language or form of speech needed. No membership in anything. No degree in theology. Just me,  my heart, my  mouth, and God. I lift up those who have lost their first love to come running back to the savior. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment