Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Do You Start Your Day On Empty?


Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation. 1 Peter 2:2
Can you imagine trying to exist on an empty tank of gas, a empty stomach, an empty underwear drawer? You have to have gasoline to drive places such as work unless you ride the bus or subway. You need fuel, as in nourishment in your stomach, to be able to get through your day. And it may be comical but you need clean underwear each day as well. I threw that in to grab your attention. 
Similarly to fueling these things I mentioned above you need to pay close attention to fueling your spirit man by getting up daily and intentionally having a quiet time. You may not have oodles of free time before heading off to work or some other activity but be creative and make it happen. You do things that are important to you right? So where does Jesus fit in to the equation? Does he or do you feel you have checked off that proverbial block on that one hour each Sunday??Ouch. 

Alright your challenge this week is to check your heart and your commitment to getting closer to Jesus. Being a Christian is not like being in a club and attending a meeting once a week but if you want to really truly grow in your walk with Him you WILL find a way to make it happen. Don’t leave home empty in any respect. 

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I have given other things in my life more value than I do spending time with you. I schedule time with friends and you are my best friend yet many times you sit waiting on me to act like it. Forgive me. I choose to re-prioritize my life. Convict my heart of areas that I have paid more attention to in the morning than you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment