Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 25, 2019

When There Are No Words


For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Philippians 1:21-24

Life has twists and turns. When you are going full steam ahead and there is a sudden horrible bump in the road such as loss of a child, spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, or something so unexpected it throws you for  a loop where do you turn?

When the tragedy comes in the form of death of a newlywed spouse where are the words? All I can say is stuff happens and God has a way of redeeming and setting things on the right course. “Yeah that is all fine and good Lord but why did you take my child away?” “I can’t stand it Lord, we were only married two years, why oh why?”
“How do I raise two small children without a dad?”

Pain and heartbreak is part of life. With the good comes the not so good or at least at the time it is horrible and you want to die yourself. There are no words to really answer questions such as the ones I included today but hold on to God’s rope and He will see you through. Talk to Him in prayer, even cry out and scream if it makes you feel better. If you have a person in your life this has happened to just be there for them and listen. Don’t try to say “well they are in a better place” because that hurts even though we know it is true. Stand firm, keep praying, keep breathing, keep believing in hope and don’t just quit on life. God will get you through this horrible time and can turn those ashes into beauty.

PRAYER: Father I need help in knowing what to say to someone when the unpredicted and unexplainable happens in their life. Comfort those reading who have gone through this valley of the shadow of death and strengthen them to see the light at the end of this very dark tunnel. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

NOTE: In memory of Michael Eisenhour husband of my friend Lenore Appelhans. May God strengthen Lenore and his children and get them through this tragedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment