Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Morning Person?


Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.Mark 1:35

Jesus got up early in morning. Can you get up early in the morning? Some people are not ‘morning people’ but to get up to spend time with the Lord it might be a nice way to start 2019.

The first part of the year some churches are having 21 Days of Prayer. Our church has it and weekdays it begins at 6 ending at 7 allowing those attending to get on to work or wherever they need to be. It is a time of corporate prayer and worship and I can tell you from experience it may have been early but was a tremendous boost to my prayer life. 

Your church may not have an event planned like this but why not try the discipline of early morning prayer this month and maybe it might become a habit. 

PRAYER: Lord here I am. I am tired but I know I need to make you come first each and every day. Give me strength to get up and get going and not flip on TV before I flip open your word. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I prefer early morning times of prayer and devotions because our house is quiet and hubby is still trying to sleep. I feel God's presence during these times. When I happen to sleep in, I feel rushed and HAVE to make time to pray.

    ReplyDelete