Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Unmet Expectations And Comparisons



Don’t compare yourself with others. Just look at your own work to see if you have done anything to be proud of. You must each accept the responsibilities that are yours.Galatians 6:4-5NIV Bible Gateway 


One of the problems with Facebook and other social media it puts the best foot forward and makes you feel you are inadequate if you are not measuring up to some hypothetical standard on vacations, birthdays, anniversaries.Compare yourself only to God. 


Why is it necessary to flaunt our personal feelings on social media?  I feel bad for children growing up in this generation with the form of communication that many times does not even speak face to face and feels bad when their life doesn’t look exciting.


Social media can be good to share about Jesus but why do we think everyone needs to know everything. I am talking to myself here too. Why not keep track in 2024 of how much time is wasted on social media and even try leaving your phone at home occasionally. How on earth did we ever survive doing that before, but we did. How much time will you devote to getting closer to God in 2024, not by Sunday church but on your own. Ponder that. If you need suggestions I can give you some. 


PRAYER: Lord I thank you so much for your patience with me and my shortcomings. Help me to treat others around me well even if they are not nice to me. Give me strength to back off social media too. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#BG2

No comments:

Post a Comment